- This event has passed.
Pre-loved / Re-loved
February 9, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - February 27, 2019 @ 3:30 pm
Opening Saturday 9 February 2019, 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Depot Artspace’s first Pre-loved Re-loved exhibition, an exciting project inspired by our local community, was held in 2014 to assist owners to find a new home for their once-loved fine art and objects. We are excited to re-introduce the exhibition in February 2019. You can expect to see a large variety of art works including painting, ceramics, photography, sculpture and more, available for sale at the Depot directly from their previous owners.
Pre-loved Re-loved is also an opportunity to advocate for the introduction of Artist Resale Royalties legislation. Artist Resale Royalties entitle the artist to receive a royalty payment (normally a percentage of the sale price) from the sales of their artwork on the secondary market. Of any works over $1000 sold 5% is to the artist or to their estate.
Depot Artspace produced the initial ARRA publication in 2015 and this has been revised and will be available for purchase during the exhibition.
Pre-Loved, Re-Loved: February 9, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm February 27, 2019
Pre-loved, Re-loved Call Out:
- We will accept pre-loved paintings, prints and objects. All work must be of a high standard, ready to install and a realistic price.
- $10 per work ‘sellers’ entry (no limit on number of submissions)
- 15% commission including GST on sold works under $1000
- 15% commission including GST on sold works of $1000 and over. An additional 5% commission will be deducted and go to the artist or artist’s estate (i.e. total for works over $1000.00 a total 20% commission).
- The Depot can provide you only with a guideline for the pricing of your works. If you are looking for a market value we recommend that you seek professional advice.
- Please note: Artists cannot sell their own work.