- This event has passed.
Pre Loved Re Loved Pop up exhibition
June 22, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - July 3, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Saturday 22nd June – Wednesday 3rd July 2019
Depot Artspace’s first Pre-loved Re-loved exhibition, an exciting project inspired by our local community, was held in 2014 to assist owners to find a new home for their once-loved fine art and objects. We were excited to re-introduce the exhibition in February of 2019, and due to its immense popularity, we will host a pop-up exhibition in June for two weeks.
Pre-loved Re-loved is also an opportunity to advocate for the introduction of Artist Resale Royalties legislation. Artist Resale Royalties entitle the artist to receive a royalty payment (normally a percentage of the sale price) from the sales of their artwork on the secondary market. Of any works over $1000 sold 5% is to the artist or to their estate.
Depot Artspace produced the initial ARRA publication in 2015 and this has been revised and will be available for purchase during the exhibition.
Pre-Loved, Re-Loved: Saturday 22nd June – Wednesday 3rd July 2019
Pre-loved, Re-loved Call Out:
- Works are to be submitted from the 10th June – 17th June (works will NOT be accepted on Sunday 16th), 2019. Any late submissions will not be accepted.
- We will accept pre-loved paintings, prints and objects. All work must be of a high standard, ready to install/hang and a realistic price.
- $10 per work ‘sellers’ entry (no limit on number of submissions)
- 25% commission including GST on sold works under $1000
- 25% commission including GST on sold works of $1000 and over. An additional 5% commission will be deducted and go to the artist or artist’s estate (i.e. total for works over $1000.00 a total 30% commission).
- The Depot can provide you only with a guideline for the pricing of your works. If you are looking for a market value we recommend that you seek professional advice.
- In the event of over subscription of works to the exhibition, the Depot reserves the right to select works based on suitability and space availability.
- Please note: Artists cannot sell their own work.
- This is a cash and carry exhibition.
- All unsold works must be collected from 12pm on the 8th July – 13th July (Saturday). Due to a lack of storage space, any uncollected works will be disposed of at the discretion of the Depot.
- In lieu of paying a ‘sellers’ fee per work submitted, sellers are welcome to instead volunteer their time to work as a sole charge gallery assistant on Sundays. If you are able to help, please fill out the form on the next page. Full training will be provided.
- Payments will be made after all sales have been processed, which can take up to one month.