Exhibit at The Depot Artspace
The Depot Artspace kaupapa, “Creating an environment that encourages creating,” is brought to life through our exhibition programme where practising artists are able to attract and engage their audience in a multi-disciplinary creative space which embodies a strong sense of whanau community.
We accept exhibition proposals from practitioners of any artistic discipline, individually or in groups who fulfill the criteria outlined in our proposal form.
What exhibiting at the Depot means:
- One of the key components of the Depot valued by its members and visitors is the experience of whanau/community. Through both the culture of the Depot and its exhibitions, we draw people together.
- As a multi-disciplinary creative community there are opportunities for cross-pollination, collaboration and an ongoing relationship.
- Exhibiting artists are able to participate in our annual Members’ Show and any other exhibitions with a membership base.
For our exhibition programme we invite:
- Exhibitions that build community and create opportunities for individuals to work together, increasing individual wellbeing, environmental and social justice.
- Exhibitions that encourage courageous leadership where artists question, take a stand, and tackle meaningful social and environmental issues.
- Exhibitions that deepen our understanding of Te Ao Māori and celebrate Aotearoa New Zealand’s unique and evolving identity.
- Exhibitions that are inclusive, people-focused, fair and welcoming to everyone, creating experiences that make a difference.
- Exhibitions that stimulate creative innovation, cutting edge art that challenges audiences, and invites interactive and engaging participation.
Please note: While exhibition spaces in 2020 are now limited, we would still value hearing from you as from time to time spaces become available and opportunities open up.
Our Exhibition spaces
This is an exciting exhibition opportunity for artists who want to display art work/s on a single three meter wall in our front entrance area at The Depot Artspace in 2019; this independent opportunity to exhibit your art work comes as an innovative/alternative option from exhibiting in the main gallery space.
Our main gallery space is currently fully booked for 2020 however we are still interested in hearing proposals and ideas. Please fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you to chat about options.
Make sure you follow us on Facebook to stay connected with our regularly changing selection of shows and to be involved with any opportunities we might have.
Exhibition Proposal for artists
Depot Artspace is a socially conscious creative hub. We employ the transformative capacity of the arts to engage, inspire, and challenge the community. We are guided by the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi: partnership, protection and participation.
Main Gallery floorplan
Feature Wall floorplan
Depot Gallery is keen to hear from artists and innovators with ideas.
Our venue can accommodate 60+ people seated and the venue fee for a part day event is $100, which includes chairs, tables, Wi-Fi, and access to kitchen. All event coordinators are required to be a Depot Gallery member at the time of their event. Annual membership fee: $30 individual / $40 organisation / $40 family / $10, U.B. Youth (under 20) / $35 International.
Depot Gallery encourages events that run Monday – Sunday within exhibition constraints. If outside of opening hours, events need to be self-managed.
Contact us to chat about holding your event in our unique venue.