One of New Zealand’s most established and longest running Creative Career and Employment Services, Depot Artspace, has been delivering professional development and career guidance services for creatives for nearly 20 years.
Working with Work and Income clients on the unemployment benefit, ArtsLab, previously known as PACE (Pathways to Arts and Cultural Employment) is The Depot’s flagship creative employment programme and has supported thousands of creatives into employment over the years.
In 2021 Depot Artspace launched a new creative careers programme, Wayfind Creative, supported by the Ministry of Social Development and Ministry of Culture and Heritage. This pliot programme is focused on supporting creatives build a sustainable career and we are proud to be part of this new government initiative to help creatives succeed.
Depot Artspace is looking for a Programme Administrator to support the delivery of these two programmes and to continue the essential work of supporting creatives into employment and sustainable careers.
The programmes offer a range of services including career guidance, job seeking advice, mentoring support and professional development workshops, with the outcomes of employment, self-sustainability and a more resilient creative economy.
The Depot is a multi-disciplinary arts space in Auckland with a gallery and a music studio as well as workshop and training spaces. We have an amazing team of creative consultants and mentors working on these programmes and we try to offer as many opportunities as possible to the creatives we work with.
Programme Administrator, Creative Career and Employment Programmes
The Depot Artspace is looking for a special person to join our team. We are looking for an efficient and confident administrator who is good with systems and communication.
The Programme Administrator will work in a collaborative, caring and driven team. You will bring your own personality and organization to the role and value the supportive and dynamic work environment.
Professional Skills Required
- You will have previous administration experience
- You will be confident using Excel and other database systems
- You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You will be able to manage your time efficiently
- Work in a team environment
- Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel
Professional Skills Desired but not essential:
- Knowledge and interest in the creative industries
Personal Skills Required
- Warm, engaging and professional
- Interest in improving lives and supporting creatives become more sustainable
- Work with genuine care and understanding of our client’s needs and circumstances
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization, time management and administration skills
- Adaptable and flexible
To apply please provide your CV and a cover letter telling us why you consider you are the person for this position. Position Closing date 15 September 2021.